RE: [platform-update-dev] Update site build errors but nothing in thelogs!

Title: Message
Miles:
How are building that site?
From plugins available as source projects in your workspace?

--
Cheers
Philippe

philippe ombredanne | 1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexb.com
nexB - Open by Design (tm) - http://www.nexb.com
http://easyeclipse.org  -  irc://irc.freenode.net/easyeclipse

-----Original Message-----
From: platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daffin, Miles (IT)
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 1:27 AM
To: Eclipse Platform Update component developers list.
Cc: Oomatia, Asim (IT)
Subject: [platform-update-dev] Update site build errors but nothing in thelogs!

Dear All,

am seeing an odd error whilst building an update site. I create the site definition and then build the features one at a time. One feature repeatedly fails to build with an error during the Export Plug-ins phase:

"Compilation errors occurred during the build. Logs can be found in 'logs.zip' at the root of the site project."

When I check these logs no errors can be found. There are likewise no errors reported in the workspace log file. How can I find out what the problem is?

The really odd thing is that I can get the feature to build in the update site project IF I first export it several times (to a tmp dir). Can anyone shed any light at all? I am running the ide with a 1.5 JRE, a console log and -debug with the following .options:

org.eclipse.update.core/debug=true
org.eclipse.update.core/debug/warning=true
org.eclipse.update.core/debug/parsing=true
org.eclipse.update.core/debug/install=true
org.eclipse.update.core/debug/configuration=true
org.eclipse.update.core/debug/type=true
org.eclipse.update.core/debug/web=true
org.eclipse.update.core/debug/installhandler=true
org.eclipse.update.core/debug/reconciler=true

We see no information in the consoleLog either. Do I need to add some lines to this file?

Help!

Best rgds,

Miles
Miles Daffin
Morgan Stanley | EAI | MSDE
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | London E14 4QA | UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 767 75119
Fax: +44 (0) 20 705 64572
miles.daffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx