Re: [platform-update-dev] Filters for eUpdate

Can you clarify full blown platform? Do you mean a triplet? win32_x86_win32 for example?

Thanks
-----------------------------------
Peter Manahan
Manager
Common Desktop Install
-----------------------------------

James D Miles <jdmiles@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/08/2005 06:25 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Update component developers list."

platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-update-dev] Filters for eUpdate

It is not clear to me that we have adequate filters for features.
We have
os = {win32, linux, aix, solaris, hpux, qnx, macosx, unknown}
arch = {x86, PA_RISC, ppc, sparc, x86-64, ARCH_X86_64, ia64, ia64-32}
ws = {win32, motif, gtk, photon, carbon, unknown}

What would be the preferred way to prevent eUpdate from attempting to load a feature that expects a full blown platform. Chances are good that the required features or plugins would not be satisfied but that will give an error. Shouldn't we have a filter to handle this?