[platform-update-dev] RE: Disabling/redirecting Eclipse.org update site, update policy

Thanks for the information on update site policy.
The docs say that in order to set a default update policy file you can
set org.eclipse.update.core/updatePolicyFile in the primary product
feature. Well, I did that (for in
org.eclipse.platform_3.1.0/plugin_customization.ini) to no avail.
Checking the source code it seems the property should in fact be
updatePolicyURL (not updatePolicyFile) - is this a typo ? I used the
preferences dialog to set the update policy URL and that works fine
(updating features correctly redirects to my local site), however
unsetting the preference and trying the property definition in
plugin_customization.ini does not seem to have any effect. Please
advise.

Contents of plugin_customization.ini
# plugin_customization.ini
<snip>