Re: [platform-update-dev] Disabling/redirecting Eclipse.org update site, update policy

The update policy applies to updating features (the top radio button on the first page of update wizard).  When searching for new features (the second radio button) update policy does not apply.  Perhaps it would be better if URL mapping defined in the policy were honored for all sites with updates, discovery sites, and user defined sites when both updating and installing new features?

Konrad Kolosowski

"Cena, Bernard (IT)" <Bernard.Cena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/19/2005 08:06 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Update component developers list."

<platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-update-dev]         Disabling/redirecting Eclipse.org update site, update policy

We have a sizable (300+) community of Eclipse users (mainly JDT) and are about to upgrade to 3.1. As part of the upgrade we'd like to enable local update sites for users to upgrade plugins. We also want to prevent users downloading plugins adhoc (and because of our download policy and for efficiency) from the Net and would like to restrict updates to local update sites only. Can you please point me to the relevant docs/config files so that we could:
1) disable/remove the Eclipse.org update site
2) how to properly set up an update policy such that updates are directed to appropriate local update sites (I have tried following the manual but found that my update site config was simply ignored)
In the simplest case, we would just like to remove the Eclipse.org update site (to prevent auto update from attempting to contact eclipse.org).
With many thanks in advance,
Bernard

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited._______________________________________________
platform-update-dev mailing list