Re: [platform-update-dev] custom install handler not found error

Try debugging your installation code. Import the org.eclipse.update.core plugin into your workspace, and put breakpoints in the InstallHandlerProxy class.
Also, make sure that you provide the fully qualified java name (including the package) in the
handler="MyInstallHander.class" atribute in feature.xml

-dorian

zhe leonard <zheleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/25/2005 10:24 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Update component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform Update component developers list." <platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-update-dev] custom install handler not found error

Thank you very much for the informtion.  It is a typo.  In my real code the names of the jar are consistent in every instance of appearance.  I still can not figure out the problem.  Any input/pointer will be appreciated.
Thanks.
zhe.

Peter Manahan <manahan@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/22/2005 12:17:12 PM:

> I created myInstallHandler class which implements the
> IInstallHandler interface, and jar the class into myInstallHandler.
> jar, and place it on the server site in the feature folder:
> features/featureID_featureVersion/myInstallHandler.jar.  I also add

Is this a typo? The spelling/case of myInstallHandler.jar is different from the one you list in your feature.xml