From: "Christophe Elek" <celek@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [platform-update-dev] Hunting season open
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:20:57 -0400

Hi Anjou,
I am not sure what you mean by 'credentials'
can you elaborate ?

UpdateManager works on URL and expect a stream back.
Updatemanager does not care if the stream is built on demand or static.
The returned site.xml can contain complex URL with servlet and cookies
embedded in the URL itself

Does it help ?

Christophe Elek
Eclipse.org (Platform Update Core)
IBM Software Group - Cross Product Support
IBM Canada Ltd.

celek@xxxxxxxxxx
(905) 413-3467

             "Anou
             Manavalan"
             <anou_mana@hotm                                            To
             ail.com>                   platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-update
             -dev-admin@ecli                                           bcc
             pse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                        RE: [platform-update-dev] Hunting
             04/17/2003                 season open
             03:21 PM

             Please respond
             platform-update
                  -dev

I am sorry, I am trying to understand how this will work. If I protect the
site.xml with a complex service, is there a place in the update manager,
where I can say use these credentials for this site ?

regards,
-Anou

>From: "Christophe Elek" <celek@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: RE: [platform-update-dev] Hunting season open
>Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:18:54 -0400
>
>Anou,
>You can protect the site.xml by password (check your http doc)
>
>you can also create a more complex security service where the returned
>site.xml is built on demand
>You will them have the plugin.jar associated with a servlet URL using the
>archive tag. The built URL can contain a cookie associated with the user's
>transaction that can expire after 30 minutes
>then you can prevent any unauthorized browsing
>
>Let me know
>
>Christophe Elek
>Eclipse.org (Platform Update Core)
>IBM Software Group - Cross Product Support
>IBM Canada Ltd.
>
>celek@xxxxxxxxxx
>(905) 413-3467
>

>              "Anou