From: platform-update-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:platform-update-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dejan Glozic
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 1:16 PM
To: platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [platform-update-dev] Hunting season open

Since 2.1 has been shipped, we hereby officially open the next Eclipse
design cycle. If you have recent experience with any aspect of
Install/Update, please tell us. We would like to address as many problems
as possible and are not afraid to make bold changes. Tell us about your
frustrations, things that you didn't like, didn't understand, or would
ideally like handled automatically.

In particular, try not to unintentionally restrict yourselves by thinking
within the constraints of the current design. Think about how you would
like things to behave in the ideal world, then we will go back to the
current design and see what needs to be changed to make it happen.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM