Re: [platform-update-dev] API for accessing Install/Update

It is important to note that Update Core APIs are interim at the moment and
are may change during 2.1 development cycle.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4854

                      Cohan S
                      Carlos/Durham/IBM@IBMUS           To:       platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      platform-update-dev-admin@        Subject:  [platform-update-dev] API for accessing Install/Update
                      eclipse.org

                      01/02/2003 05:05 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-update-dev

1.   How does one programmatically install an IFeature?  ISite.install or
IFeature.install?  The 2.0.2 documentation says that the Site class does
not implement the install method?

I am currently just getting all the IPluginEntry objects, and downloading /
unjarring them to the plugins directory, but I guess that doesn't take care
of prereqs, so I would appreciate any tips on doing it better.

2.  Is there documentation on how to use the classes in
org.eclipse.update.configuration?  I could not locate an API reference.  (
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-update-dev/msg00077.html was
very helpful, though).

I would appreciate pointers to class(es) which use the update.configuration
functionality.  (I couldn't quite locate where NewUpdatesAction in
org.eclipse.update.internal.ui  is being used).

Cohan