Re: [platform-update-dev] Running Eclipse install/updates from the command line - Browser triggered installation

Tim, the one thing I would add to this is that the current API does not
provide an "operations layer" that encapsulates the various "basic"
installation tasks. We intend to refactor some of the current update UI/
core code into such a layer but will not be done in 2.0. So if you
undertake writing code to the basic APIs, you will have to initially do
more work that you really should have to if we had a formal operations
layer. Please talk to us if you decide to proceed.

                    Tim_Koss@xxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                          To:     platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    platform-update-dev-admin@e       cc:
                    clipse.org                        Subject:     Re: [platform-update-dev] Running Eclipse install/updates
                                                       from the command line - Browser triggered installation

                    05/29/2002 07:00 PM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-update-dev

So you believe that there is enough api for us to extend this ourselves. We
will look into this, and if successful we will happily contribute this
back!

Tim

                      klicnik@xxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                           To:
platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                      platform-update-dev-admin@         cc:

                      eclipse.org                        Subject: Re:
[platform-update-dev] Running Eclipse install/updates from the command
                                                         line - Browser
triggered installation

                      05/29/2002 06:40 PM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-update-dev

There is no command-line utility we provide, but one could write such a
thing using the APIs we expose ... and perhaps contribute it back ;-)

The "web-triggered" mechanism is not going to make 2.0 ... sorry, next rev

                    Tim_Koss@xxxxxxx

                    Sent by:                          To:
platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    platform-update-dev-admin@e       cc:

                    clipse.org                        Subject:
[platform-update-dev] Running Eclipse install/updates from
                                                       the command line -
Browser triggered installation

                    05/29/2002 06:03 PM

                    Please respond to

                    platform-update-dev

Is there any mechanism to run Eclipse from the command line (headless or
not) to run the install/update mechanism. In the doc, I see that there is a
Browser-Triggered installation that sounds like it might be something like
the feature we are looking for

Tim