Re: [platform-update-dev] non-plugin data - what happens to it after an install

The downloads happen into a temp directory (System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir") ... we append eclipse/.update/). The downloaded files are marked as deleteOnExit(). We verify the jars and install the features/ plugins from the jars. We do nothing with the non-plugin files .... we expect you to handle them. Whether you do, or not, when the VM terminates the files are cleaned up.

To answer the other question .... BootLoader.getInstallURL() is the root of the install tree.

Patrick_Mueller@xxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-update-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/10/2002 02:49 PM
Please respond to platform-update-dev