[platform-update-dev] newbie install questions...

Hi,

I am developing standalone applications on top of the Eclipse Platform
and I would now like to create an installation program for one of these
applications.

First question...is the R2.0 version of the Installation and Update
functionality ready for me to even attempt to set up an update server
and create an installation program?
I understand that the APIs may change, I just want to start learning.

Second question...I have read the existing R1.0 docs and the R2.0
working docs.  However, I'm still confused about the basic install
'lifecycle'.

Is the first installation basically a file dump of the application
directory structure to the user's hard drive?  And then updates are
initiated from the Eclipse IDE (or from a browser page) and performed
by the Eclipse update plugins?

So, do I create the initial installation from whatever install tool I
want to use?

thanks in advance,
ted stockwell