[platform-update-dev] Help wanted ...

We are looking for developers who would be willing to contribute some
native implementations of methods for the install/ update component. In
particular methods for native file system functions used by the
component (free space calculation, dealing with removable media, etc).

The most recent integration build (20020305) contains the default
implementation of the methods (see class
org.eclipse.update.configuration.LocalSystemInfo in org.eclipse.update
plugin). The LocalSystemInfo class loads and uses native implementations
if available, and provides defaults if the natives are not available.

We would like to talk to anyone who'd be willing to contribute an
implementation of the corresponding native library for the platforms
targeted by Eclipse 2.0. The list (from the posted Eclipse 2.0 plan)
covers:

MS Windows/ x86 (2K, XP, ME, 98SE, NT)
Linux/ x86 (RH 7.2, SuSE 7.3)
Solaris/ SPARC (Solaris 8)
HP-UX/ hp900 PA-RISC (HP-UX 11i)
AIX/ PowerPC (AIX 5.1)

If you'd be willing to help, please post to this mailing list.

Back to the top