[platform-update-dev] Launching branded products based on Workbench

As we study our options and design our approach for building products
based on the Workbench we find that we need answers to a couple of
questions.

The current view is that we will will install the Workbench in
d:\workbench and then install a product in d:\product.

Once the Workbench is installed we expect to be able to launch the
Workbench using eclipse.exe, or its equivalent, where eclipse.exe is in
the d:\workbench directory.  Once started, we expect splash screen
content associated with eclipse.exe (or the default config) to be
displayed.

Question is - when we launch the product, where will this all be?

Can we end up with a product.exe, built using the appropriate product
branding guidance for V2.0, to exist in the d:\product directory?  Will
the splash images be determined by offset (standard names in
d:\product\splash) or by definition in the active configuration?

Thanks

Pat Mc.

Back to the top