Re: [platform-ui-dev] We really need to do something about the Windows Theme

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The first thing is to find committers that daily work on Windows, are indeed unhappy and are willing to work on it.

Unfortunately, we people who work on something deeply and daily are the less likely to figure out how people who only see the "tip of the iceberg" perceive the resulting product.
Additionally to finding an committer unhappy with the theme (which shouldn't be too hard by the way as I already have one in mind), it would also be nice that we ask users, or at least occasionally try to place ourselves in the shoes of some more basic users, to try to feel their main pain points and prioritize accordingly.
The theming thing and the overall early 2000's skin of Eclipse IDE on Windows is really something many users (non contributors) do complain about and make fun of when comparing to competiting IDEs.

If the changes are more radical, then we should keep the existing theme and add a new one. Maybe rename the existing theme.

That could be a very good approach! Thanks for suggesting that!

Back to the top