Re: [platform-ui-dev] Tip of the day

The bug you are referring to is about the running platform, not the example. If you want to blame the Nebula project for this you can only mention that we have not specified a target platform here.

And regarding stability, well we depend on SWT which seems to be also not very stable on different platforms lately. Actually our tests sometimes fail because of that dependency.

Nevertheless I don't want to blame anybody as IMHO we all do a great job in the Eclipse projects. Also thanks for your help in fixing issues in Nebula widgets that are caused somewhere else.

But the discussion whether the platform can consume Nebula or not is taken every year without conclusion. And honestly I'm tired of that discussion. I understand both sides as I am committer in both projects. And I know all the pros and cons. We had the same discussion with regards to NatTable and the target platform editor.

The main idea behind Nebula once was to stabilize new SWT widgets and move them to SWT then. It seems that intention was lost sometimes.

Talking about the tip of the day widget, IMHO one widget should not be blamed for issues of other widgets. If that is the reason for not consuming or integrating something, than don't consider it, because then nothing will be ever good enough for the platform.