From:        Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        23.06.2017 14:19
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] Timelines to backport fixes to Oxygen.1
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Well I really hope that dates communicated in official documents don't
change because Oracle failed to deliver.

If this plan is revised I thing the Planning Council needs to react
immediately because companies rely on this dates when they do their
release planning!

I'm not so deep into platform-dev anymore what's the process to get
something backported?

I guess:
0. Push to master and let it cook for some days (already done)
1. I create a bugzilla clone for the issue
2. Provide a fix
(3. Request approval from PMC, other committers)?

Tom

On 23.06.17 14:10, Mickael Istria wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I believe with Java 9 being delayed, it doesn't make sense to target a
> release by July anymore.
> I guess it's going to be a topic for Eclipse PMC and Planning Council in
> the next days to adapt the plans accordingly, if not done already.
>
> Cheers,

Thomas Schindl, CTO
BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH
Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 5-7, A-6020 Innsbruck
http://www.bestsolution.at/
Reg. Nr. FN 222302s am Firmenbuchgericht Innsbruck