Re: [platform-ui-dev] Workflow for migrating workspace projects/working sets

On Friday, June 2, 2017, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Fabio Zadrozny <fabiofz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Fabio,

Does someone know a way to create a new workspace and then import the existing projects/working sets which existed in another workspace?
-- I know about the import from existing projects into workspace, the problem is that I keep all my repos in a given folder (so, there are around 100 different repositories, each with many projects and I already went to the process of importing the projects I want at a given workspace but don't want to keep on using that workspace, just want to import the projects/working sets that were configured to another workspace).

I don't have a good solution for that, but I have a question to better understand the user-story: why not opening the existing workspace directly instead of creating a new one and importing content?

I have 2 use cases:

1. bugs in the workspace (a colleague got into a situation where operations in a workspace are really slow... I still couldn't debug it, but it works well in a fresh workspace).

2. I usually have a workspace for each new major version instead if migrating an existing one so that I can go back to a previous one easier -- i.e.: one for 4.6 and another for 4.7 (especially when developing eclipse itself as the target platform is usually customized and those settings are saved in the workspace, although they're very dependent on the plugins installed).

I may end up creating a plugin to help me here as it seems there's no good solution right now... do you think it could be interesting to have something as an "import projects/ working sets from existing workspace" in the platform or it's better just to have it in the marketplace?

Best Regards,

Fabio

Back to the top