Re: [platform-ui-dev] Planning for 4.8

> As example, if we consider file edition, many users like to just open a file and don't think about the concept of "project" whereas Eclipse Platform requires "projects".

I assume that you know there's File > Open File... Just wanted to mention it here for others.

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        17.05.2017 09:17
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] Planning for 4.8
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Another item would be:
* Integrate Eclipse Platform into user workflows: User workflows are not necessarily mapping Eclipse Platform's one. As example, if we consider file edition, many users like to just open a file and don't think about the concept of "project" whereas Eclipse Platform requires "projects". In this idea, the Eclipse Platform should try to integrate itself into user workflows as they're used to with other tools, rather than ignoring those workflows and forcing users to adopt Eclipse's specific ones only._______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx