Re: [platform-ui-dev] Macro recording capabilities

Also, before implementing this, I'm unsure of the user story of doing key macro recording only in a text editor or field and not on the whole application. Bug 8519 is about mcros for the whole IDE, including keyboard shortcuts and so on. Can you please elaborate some actual user stories highlighting how this is valuable with current IDE for instance?

+1.

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        16.01.2017 16:35
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] Macro recording capabilities
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 01/16/2017 04:25 PM, Fabio Zadrozny wrote:
As a note, on the "why" part, the StyledText is unaware of things such as code-completion or smart-i​nsert, etc, which is why I think that the AbstractTextEditor is a better place for it (sure, putting a listener in the StyledText will still be required, but in the end, the AbstractTextEditor is the base for text editors, the StyledText is just an implementation detail of it -- so, in this case, the AbstractTextEditor is in the same level of any other part, not the StyledText, and thus, is responsible for making sure its controls have the proper recording capabilities).
In between TextEditors and StyledText, there's the ITextViewer which seems a better choice for what you're trying to implement.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for