Re: [platform-ui-dev] Expression editor contribution

It would be great to have an expressions editor incubate in the e4 project.

Cheers,

Wim

On Jan 13, 2017 16:59, "Christian Pontesegger" <christian.pontesegger@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am currently working on a UI contribution to build and modify expressions. It is hosted as a composite and looks somewhat similar to the PDE editors that allow to build enabledWhen or visibleWhen expressions. Next to building it also allows to serialize and parse such expressions into/from human readable strings.

Here is a small screenshot of an early prototype

For me there are 2 relevant use cases for such a component:

first it will be needed for EASE when users want to push scripts to menus only under certain conditions.

Second I plan to contribute my Resource decorator plugin:
http://codeandme.blogspot.co.at/p/blog-page_7.html
which would also need expressions to create filters for certain entries.

Possibly there exist other components which could make use of expressions, too.

Now to my question: is there interest in platform.ui to host such an _expression_ utility? If yes, which plugin should I use to host the code?

Christian