Re: [platform-ui-dev] Cross platform build

On 10.01.17 21:00, Dirk Fauth wrote:
> Thanks for the answer. I will try the workaround as mentioned in the
> ticket until there is a real fix.
>
> Do you have an idea on how Realm can be replaced? I am not aware of that
> class and its usage.

Well this would break ANY application using Eclipse Databinding because
then no default realm is available. So just removing is not going to be
a good idea.

The realm is used by the default constructor of almost all IObservable
implementations unless you provide a custom one (which fairly noone does).

Long story short - I don't see how you want to get rid of it. The only
possibility I see is that you make it an optional dependency and if it
is not available you catch the CNF and proceed without it.

Tom

--
Thomas Schindl, CTO
BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH