Re: [platform-ui-dev] What are "Writable" and "Smart Insert" doing in the status bar?

See bug 66970 regarding making the Writable / Read-Only field more usable.

Dani

From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07.12.2016 19:05
Subject:        [platform-ui-dev] What are "Writable" and "Smart Insert" doing in        the status bar?
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Friends of Platform UI,

I noticed that I have a read-only "Writable" entry in my status bar.
Does anyone know where this is coming from or how to find that out? It
has not menu or click-listener associated with it.

Also I have a "Smart Insert" entry which changes to "Override" if I
double-click this. I assume this in provided by JDT but not sure.
Anyone knows? I searched the preferences for "smart" but only found
unrelated settings.

Best regards, Lars

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg