Re: [platform-ui-dev] Async Code Completion Requests in Eclipse Platform

Thanks for sharing this Matthias.

On 11/11/2016 02:00 PM, Martin Lippert wrote:
Any thoughts on using a reactive stream to collect completion items? We had several situations where we get completion items delivered over time and we don’t want to wait for the last item to arrive before we show something to the user. Therefore we would love to use something like a stream instead to show items as soon as they arrive.
That would indeed be nice. However, it's another level of difficulty and should be considered for a further iteration.
Indeed, Matthias' proposal only requires rewriting an AsyncContentAssistant or something like that, that would leverage all the existing ICompletionProposalComputers without change on their side. You proposal would require introducing a new kind ofstream-able ICompletionProposalComputers. It's do-able for sure, but IMHO, we first need to get something similar to Matthias' proposal before going to the next step of StreamCompletionProposalComputers.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top