Re: [platform-ui-dev] Minutes of the Platform Summit held at EclipseCon Europe 2016

From: <platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Stefan Xenos <sxenos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 10:39 PM
To: "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] Minutes of the Platform Summit held at EclipseCon Europe 2016

As a sidenote, Steve Northover is also back on the mothership. Did someone already dare to contact him about new controls?

What do you mean by that? Is Steve working on SWT again?

No, Steve works on (leads?) Orion. At least that was the case the last time I talked to him a few months ago.

  - Stefan

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 1:47 PM Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> regarding "Any hints for modern controls lacking in SWT?" point

I am also interested in this topic. It would be awesome for example if we could use the Ribbon control [1]. I remember that Alexander mentioned the possibility to train some people a few years ago. Is this still something that you want to do?

As a sidenote, Steve Northover is also back on the mothership. Did someone already dare to contact him about new controls?

Cheers,

Wim