[platform-ui-dev] Filter and Switch between Workbench Elements

Hi All,

I recently fixed Bug 368977, so when you press Ctrl+E you can filter editors among the same list you see when pressing Ctrl+F7 (switch editors)
See: https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.7/M3/#ctrl-e-command-improvements

Then, with Bug 504082 (and related), I ensured we use the same base class  for filtering Editors (Ctrl+E) and switching among Editors, Views, Perspectives and Pages (Ctrl+F6/F7F8 and Alt+F7)

Note: With the new shared base class, you can turn a selectable list (Ctrl+F6) into a filtered list (Ctrl+E), just by switching a boolean flag.

This e-mail is for:

(1.) Tell you about the changes so you can try the commands and verify your workflow is not affected by the change. Don't forget to check also how it looks now with the Dark Theme!

(2.) Ask : Do you like the idea of converting the Switch Editor (Ctrl+F6) and Switch View (Ctrl+F7) dialogs from "cycle through a list" to "filter elements and cycle through a list" ?

--> To check the difference: get the latest I-build, open some editors and try:
* Ctrl+E : to "filter elements and cycle through a list"
* Ctrl+F6 : to  "cycle through a list"

Best Regards,

Patrik Suzzi
Software