Re: [platform-ui-dev] IReconcilierStrategy vs IDocumentListener

> Ok, so how one can hook an IReconcilierStrategy on the whole document, independently of the partition content-type? As I read this API, the partitioning content-type seems to be very important for this class to be useful.

org.eclipse.jface.text.reconciler.IReconcilingStrategy.setDocument(IDocument)

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        26.09.2016 12:11
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] IReconcilierStrategy vs IDocumentListener
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 09/26/2016 11:38 AM, Daniel Megert wrote:
> Ok, thanks. So the main difference would be that the IReconcilierStrategy hooks IReconcilierStrategy onto a specific partitioning content-type.

No. The main difference is that the document listener is notified immediately when a change in the document happens. The reconciler runs asynchronously and updates the document based on changes in a model, e.g. the Java model.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for