Re: [platform-ui-dev] IReconcilierStrategy vs IDocumentListener

I did something similar to that 1-2 years ago - forwarding document changes immediatly (but asynchronously) to an external tool, to get source outline information back (https://github.com/bruno-medeiros/MelnormeEclipse/blob/master/plugin_ide.core/src-lang/melnorme/lang/ide/core/engine/DocumentReconcileManager.java). From my experience IReconcilingStrategy & co was not very good: concurrency wise there a few limitations in behavior and/or API that didnt' work very well for my intended use-case. I don't remember the details exactly.

In any case, an immediate difference is that IReconcilingStrategy & co. belong in org.eclipse.jface.text bundle which has dependency on SWT. In fact IReconciler *directly* depends on ITextViewer ... That alone should be reason enough to use IDocumentListener.