Re: [platform-ui-dev] IReconcilierStrategy vs IDocumentListener

org.eclipse.jface.text.reconciler.IReconciler explains it.

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        26.09.2016 11:07
Subject:        [platform-ui-dev] IReconcilierStrategy vs IDocumentListener
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

Sopot and I are debating about what's best (meaning of "best" yet to be defined) between IReconcilingStrategy and IDocumentListener. It seems like there is some overlap in goals and methods.
Can someone elaborate on the main differences between those? Which one to prefer in which circumstances? If we're about to create an extension point to hook some behavior on text change, which interface should be preferred?

Thanks in advance!

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for