Re: [platform-ui-dev] Problems view - Should the default be "Show all errors in workspace" or "Show all Errors/warnings based on project selection"

Please use the bug report(s) for technical discussions.

Thanks,
Dani

From:        Leo Ufimtsev <lufimtse@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        22.07.2016 16:45
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] Problems view - Should the default be "Show all errors in workspace" or "Show all Errors/warnings based on project selection"
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Lars,

Thank you for bringing this up. It's been bugging me for a long time also.

How about a button that narrows the scope down to selected resource, or current project. I.e, similar to the history view?

Having only global or only project-specific isn't a great solution because as pointed out,
normally I want to keep my work space problem free, but also be able to drill down into a specific
project.
There should be some combination of both worlds.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Leo