Re: [platform-ui-dev] Enhanced extensibility for the default text editor in Eclipse

On 06/27/2016 01:26 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
Hi,

Just to get it right you are modifying TextEditor and not subclassing
and do your smart thing there?
For the moment that's our proposal.
We did read several comments about concerns of such features "leaking" into specialized editors (JDT, SSE, Xtext) but we tried it anyway and it seems that most concerns that were expressed are actually already well handled by the implementation of the specialized editors. So far, our opinion is that it's quite possible to introduce edition features via extension in the default Text Editor without breaking anything, and that it's probably even the simplest way to implement it, and the best way to allow any editor inside Eclipse to take advantage of it.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top