Re: [platform-ui-dev] Adding new default method to existing interface

> I haven't verified this because I don't get is why any of this matters: Such a change can cause a compilation error, and as such it means you must increase the API major version regardless of whether it's binary compatible or not, no?

Version numbering is about binary compatibility, not source compatibility. Dependency resolution is done at runtime with compiled classed, so the version numbers must reflect the binary "contracts" of bundles/packages.

In this case, only the minor number needs to be upgraded.

Mikael