Re: [platform-ui-dev] Smart Import concerns

On 31 May 2016, at 10:09, Max Rydahl Andersen <manderse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No it is not. That is a separate end-user use case.

I'm explicitly talking about the ability of a detector or later on the configurator to state it knows what todo and explicitly tell the importer to not try and add more "blind" attempts on configuration.

I also think this is very important. For a Gradle project, Buildship knows what to do. If it’s both a Maven and Gradle project (i.e. build migration), the user should choose in my opinion.

So will buildship be able to work in Neon with what we have ?

It could, but would be very hacky. It won’t make it into Neon, maybe Neon.1

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen