Von: "Christopher Guindon" <marketplace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 24.05.2016 8:23 nachm.
Betreff: Register your Eclipse Marketplace entries as supporting a specific filetype
An: "lvogel" <Lars.Vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Eclipse Marketplace contributor,

Thank you for your contribution to the Eclipse ecosystem!

In order to better advise Eclipse users and to better promote solutions
available on Marketplace, Eclipse Neon -- to be released on June 22,
milestones already accessible at
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php [1] -- includes a new
feature that automatically checks for solutions available on Marketplace for
files that do not have a dedicated editor already installed in the IDE.

Associating a marketplace solution with a filetype requires you to declare it
on your solution listing. It's only a matter of *adding one or more tags* of
the form "fileExtension_xxx" to your entry, where "xxx" is the extension of
the file your solution is supporting.

For example, an extension adding an editor for Go files would have a
"fileExtension_go" tag, and an extension adding an editor for Dockerfile
files would have a "fileExtension_Dockerfile" tag. If your solution supports
multiple file types, simply add multiple tags, one for each file type.

Please set these as soon as possible, since this feature will become widely
used once Neon is released. Being ready before the release will benefit users
who are looking for good plugins, and will add to the popularity of your
solution.

Thanks in advance, and keep on rocking!

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php

Back to the top