Re: [platform-ui-dev] Progress reporting article

On 04/23/2016 05:44 AM, Stefan Xenos wrote:
I've just written an updated article on progress reporting in Eclipse. It has some info on taking advantage of new APIs in Eclipse 4.6 and changes planned for Eclipse 4.7.

https://eclipse.org/articles/Article-Progress-Monitors/article.html
Thanks for this article Stefan, it's easy to read and understand. I'll keep it in my favourites ;)
Just a question, are you aware of any way (or plan) to have the SubMonitor supporting parallel work, such as a SubMonitor which would be split into 2 (let's say 1/3 and 2/3 of total ticks), and each child would run jobs and report progress in parallel ?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat