Re: [platform-ui-dev] Generify JFace Databinding

there are still Gerrit reviews pending with comments that you Stefan marked as "I need to think about the correct solution".

Yes. There are some outstanding code reviews that would add generification to some additional plugins, but no part of the generification work has been committed to those plugins yet... and to be honest, most of those gerrit reviews will probably go in verbatim -- they just need more test coverage and more time spent under review.

The plugins that are finished are commited. The ones that are still in progress are in gerrit... and there are several where the work hasn't started yet. There is no plugin that is partially generified.

And always adding warning filters is not a solution.

Unless someone created a single commit that were to generify the entirety of the Eclipse platform, there will be plugins where some of its dependencies have been generified and others haven't. Nobody will ever create such a giant commit. In the meantime you need warning filters.

I haven't looked into the details. What is missing and were do you need support?

Pick a plugin that hasn't been generified yet and start adding the generics. :-) Or pick one that I've already started and help with the code review or with writing tests and examples.

  - Stefan