[platform-ui-dev] Eclipse Community Awards Winner 2016 and the way forward

Dear Friends of Platform UI,

I know I'm late to the game but many thanks to all the Platform UI
committers and contributors for making the Platform UI project so open
that we won the most open project award from the Foundation in 2016.

https://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/eclipseawards/winners16.php

I recently saw a statistic (now somewhere hidden in my inbox) which
shows that Platform UI is (after Egit) the project with the highest
number of contributors at Eclipse.org.

Also congratulations to Mickael Istria for winning the Top Committer
Award. Among many things Mickael is also a Platform UI committers and
several of the most visible user facing changes in 4.6 come from
Mickael.

I have recently seen a remark via Bugzilla from a Platform UI
committer which sounded relatively unfriendly (I will not include a
link, as this is just an example). We all have bad days, but in
general we should stay focused on delivering content feedback without
additional negative remarks, I don't think this helps.

I'm sure that we will continue the path of being open and friendly in
the Platform UI project and in the whole Eclipse top-level project. As
we continue to grow our pace, I see a bright future for the Eclipse
IDE.

Best regards, Lars

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg