Re: [platform-ui-dev] Is enableWhen missing the e4 application model?

That was your question from the mail subject

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

@CanExecute is a replacement for enabledWhen

Am 10.02.2016 7:09 nachm. schrieb "Dirk Fauth" <dirk.fauth@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

IIRC there is no activeWhen or enabledWhen because of the @CanExecute that can be used with e4 handlers.

Greez,
Dirk

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I was planning to convert existing e3 IDE handler implementations to
e4 for Eclipse 4.6. This should be pretty straight forward, as most of
our handlers are internal API and you can define e4 handler for e3
commands because of our amazing Eclipse e4 implementation.

But basically every interesting handler implementation I looked at,
was using an activeWhen _expression_ and AFAIK we do not support this in
e4.

Is anyone aware why this is missing? Or do we have a workaround? I
know we have the content hierarchy but this does not allow to define a
active handler for example based on the selected type.

Best regards, Lars

P.S. I'm not posting this to the e4 mailing list, as the  e4
application model has been migrated a long time ago to platform UI.

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 127058
USt-IdNr.: DE284122352