Sujet : Re: [platform-ui-dev] Sirius content extension is no more dynamic since correction of Bug 436645
Date : Tue, 12 Jan 2016 10:07:14 GMT
De : Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxx>

Hi Maxime

I've added the developer of the Platform UI change to your bug. Let's have the discussion there.

Dani

From:        Maxime Porhel <maxime.porhel@xxxxxxx>
To:        platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        12.01.2016 10:51
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

We recently discovered some regression in Sirius, in our Model Explorer
view which uses CNF since the correction of Bug 436645, consisting in
the introduction/correction of a cache to store the evaluation of
triggerPoints/possibleChildren.

Our content extension use property testers to make some checks on
IFile/IProject elements (new nature, state of the files compared to some
internal state in Sirius, ..), several properties/state which changes
during the use of the product.

I have the impression that evaluation result of
triggerPoints/possibleChildren containing property testers should not be
added to the cache, or we might need additional ways to invalidate it.

You will find more details on the forum [1] where we could discuss about
our extension, the new cache or a correction on our side.

Regards,

Maxime

[1]
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1073561/