Re: [platform-ui-dev] Sirius content extension is no more dynamic since correction of Bug 436645

Hi Maxime

I've added the developer of the Platform UI change to your bug. Let's have the discussion there.

Dani

From:        Maxime Porhel <maxime.porhel@xxxxxxx>
To:        platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        12.01.2016 10:51
Subject:        [platform-ui-dev] Sirius content extension is no more dynamic since correction of Bug 436645
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

We recently discovered some regression in Sirius, in our Model Explorer
view which uses CNF since the correction of Bug 436645, consisting in
the introduction/correction of a cache to store the evaluation of
triggerPoints/possibleChildren.

Our content extension use property testers to make some checks on
IFile/IProject elements (new nature, state of the files compared to some
internal state in Sirius, ..), several properties/state which changes
during the use of the product.

I have the impression that evaluation result of
triggerPoints/possibleChildren containing property testers should not be
added to the cache, or we might need additional ways to invalidate it.

You will find more details on the forum [1] where we could discuss about
our extension, the new cache or a correction on our side.

Regards,

Maxime

[1]
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1073561/