Re: [platform-ui-dev] JavaSE 1.8 for JFace

Hi,

Correct. As of Neon the Eclipse Platform, including JFace, requires Java 8 to run.

Best regards, Lars

Am 11.01.2016 9:35 vorm. schrieb "Dirk Fauth" <dirk.fauth@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I just came across some issues with the latest JFace changes. They now require Java 8. That also means that every project that makes use of JFace needs to update. Is that intended?

I came across this issue in NatTable. I added CSS styling capabilities and because of some issues with the CSS engine I needed to update the target definition to a current neon integration build. As CSS styling for NatTable is located in a new project to keep the dependencies clean I assumed no additional changes are necessary. But now my test cases fail because of a wrong Java version. I need to update to Java 8 in order to make them work again.

The other projects compile fine and since I am not using new features, NatTable core will still work with older versions of JFace and Java. I am just not sure if this is our intention. It took me at least a while to understand the problem and now I need to find a Java 8 JDK on our Hudson instance.

Greez,
Dirk