Re: [platform-ui-dev] org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins

Hi,

Despite dropins are deprecated for end-users, this is a mechanism that is still working well and that sometimes can be very useful (for example to quicky test a bundle on a given app without actually installing it). I think the issue you mention on stackoverflow is just about a user who doesn't know much about .product and Tycho logs, it could have applied to any other bundle and doesn't invalidate the usefulness and stability of dropins.
I don't think this report on SO makes it worth considering removal of dropins.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat