[platform-ui-dev] org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins

Hi everybody,

on StackOverflow there was a question regarding missingĀ org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins plugin in a product.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34630348/tycho-build-fails-due-to-missing-bundle-org-eclipse-equinox-p2-reconciler-dropi

Although my answer was not commented, it was accepted, so I assume either the user added the plugin to one of his features or removed it from the Start Level configuration.

IIRC the dropins concept has been deprecated, or am I wrong? It is added to a product configuration when selecting "Add Recommended..." in the product editor on the Configuration tab.

If it is deprecated it should not be added IMHO. I know that this is related to PDE, but who knows better about such things than the platform team. ;-)

Greez,
Dirk

Back to the top