Re: [platform-ui-dev] Commit conventions

+1, unless that additional change is big enough to deserve a separate bug report.

Dani

From:        Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        17.11.2015 17:12
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] Commit conventions
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Stefan Xenos <sxenos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I really like having the bug number in the subject, since the bug has the most useful context for the change. I find I use the bug number more than anything else in the commit comment, and the most important information should be right up front. So -1 for removing the bug number from the subject.

However, changing the subjects from being a copy of the bug description to being a description of the change makes complete sense to me.

+1.  I find the whole bug description in the subject useful, but as long as the bug prefix was still there, "Bug 37664" that would be good enough for me.

--

Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR