Re: [platform-ui-dev] Question regarding semantic versioning

> From: Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> PerspectiveDescriptor is not API (see the x-internal flag in the
> corresponding package, hence no since tag.

Makes me wonder ... should it be API?
Dirk, was your intent to add API?
(That others use? or just internal use?)
If intent was API, is there another package it should be in?
(all asked, from a completely
naive point of view, about that package -- just asking).

> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Dirk Fauth <dirk.fauth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I also noticed that the exported packages doesn't export the version.
> > Regarding to correct OSGi semantic versioning, is this by design or by
> > mistake?

I do not know the history, but have heard some imply it was due to
laziness, more than design or mistake :)
There might have been a reason for it though ... perhaps some old timers
remember the reason?

In general, it seems a good idea, to me -- assuming the tools make it easy?

Back to the top