[platform-ui-dev] Target Bugs for 4.6

Hi,

I think we should be starting to plan the work we want to be doing in 4.6.

In the past we put together an excel sheet with known bugs and some people gave there prio to have a ordered list of bugs we should be working on. IMHO this did not work so well because the order was not really considered by us (because of different interest and skills) and the list of selected bugs contained several outdated / invalid bugs.

For 4.6 I suggest that if committers or contributors think a bug should be addressed in 4.6, we simply set the target to 4.6 in Bugzilla and work from there.

For 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 fixes we work like in the last year, we first fix it in master and if it is tested in master well enough, we can cherry-pick it onto the maintenance branch, after the normal approval process for this downport.

For the themes for 4.6, see https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Plan/4.5 for the 4.5 themes, I plan to put on a draft night and send it around for feedback.

Best regards, Lars

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg