Re: [platform-ui-dev] Purpose of @inheritDoc

Thanks, I start removing them in 4.6.

AFAIK in Platform only the API needs to have Javadoc, e.g., in this case the interface. Also @since is only required for API.

Best regards, Lars

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/27/2015 12:06 PM, Lars Vogel wrote:
What is the purpose of this? Was this a way to substitute for missing @Override annotations in plug-ins with a BREE less than Java 1.5?
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/javadoc.html#@inheritDoc
But the default behaviour of JavaDoc is actually to inherit documentation from parent in case none is set. So you can simply get rid of those comments and get the same output, but I believe the code-style checking of Platform will complain because public methods are required to have Javadoc anyway, and you'll most likely need the @since as well, and I believe it doesn't check for parents.
Having the @Override annotation doesn't affect JavaDoc behaviour AFAIK.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat