Re: [platform-ui-dev] Purpose of @inheritDoc

On 05/27/2015 12:06 PM, Lars Vogel wrote:
What is the purpose of this? Was this a way to substitute for missing @Override annotations in plug-ins with a BREE less than Java 1.5?
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/javadoc.html#@inheritDoc
But the default behaviour of JavaDoc is actually to inherit documentation from parent in case none is set. So you can simply get rid of those comments and get the same output, but I believe the code-style checking of Platform will complain because public methods are required to have Javadoc anyway, and you'll most likely need the @since as well, and I believe it doesn't check for parents.
Having the @Override annotation doesn't affect JavaDoc behaviour AFAIK.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat