[platform-ui-dev] Need to deprecate API or mark API for deletion in Eclipse 4.5?

If you see a need to mark something for deprecation or for deletion in platform.ui I believe we still have the change for 4.5 RC1 as this is "only" a documentation change.

See https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/API_Central/Deprecation_Policy for the process. We basically need to announce the removal way before we can actually remove it.

I have a few items schedule for which I got approval by Dani, see https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Plan/4.5/Milestones#4.5_RC3

If you are aware of outdated stuff, please open a bug. If you want to deprecate something the component lead can give approval (I still would ask PMC via Dani to be sure). This might be already to late for 4.5.

For API removal announcements you need PMC approval (again I would select Dani for that). I think it is still OK to do this for 4.5 RC3.

Best regards, Lars

--
Geschäftsführer

vogella GmbH