Re: [platform-ui-dev] Test work for platform.ui

On 09/03/2014 11:13 AM, Daniel Rolka wrote:
> I don't have the impression that "long" Gerrit builds is too much of an issue

I have different opinion, especially when you have several commits that you want to verify with CI build and we have the end of the milestone, for instance before API freeze
I think it doesn't hurt to keep in mind during enabling the tests in Gerrit that it should work fast

The issue with only running a subset of the tests is that there are some tests you don't run. If you don't run them, you can't be sure a given change doesn't break them... So you end up with less reliability on the fact that if a commit is merged, it shouldn't break any test.
Note that if you need to quickly verify a change, you can still do this locally: "mvn clean verify -Pbuild-individual-bundles [...]"
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top