[platform-ui-dev] Migrate/Update existing perspective

I want to change the ID of a perspective and add new wizards to it, is it possible to move old configuration values to the new ID or do I have to force our users to reconfigure their perspective?

I found code that does something similar in our repository history (https://github.com/scala-ide/scala-ide/commit/6b96307#diff-4603893eb29f4fb2ce6cc7978ecbd4bfL58) but it is based on the perspective bar component which doesn't exist in this form anymore.

I would also be happy if someone could tell me how the components are called that actually save and load the perspective data, maybe I can build a migration tool that works in a similar way.

Simon

Back to the top